Friday, January 13, 2012

Welcome 2012

What is your resolution? Do you make resolutions? I've been following Katy from No Big Dill at http://thedillspiel.blogspot.com/ where she's posted at Me Sew Crazy about ReSewlutions http://www.mesewcrazy.com/ and that has me thinking about all my unfinished projects calling my name reminding me that I have hidden these away as if I'm ashamed of them.
My goal for this month is to finish at least 2 sewing projects (I know how ambitious of me, but hey I have 3 kids that's my excuse). 
1) a Blouse for LB
  • I'm afraid of button holes so afraid I've never made an outfit requiring them I go to all lengths to avoid anything with button holes. If it requires a button closure I use velcro (I know how tacky) or a button and a loop of elastic, oh look I have snaps... at least I'm creative.
2) Under the Sea Quilt
  • I started this quilt for me niece for her first birthday (she'll be 3 in February) so I'd better get on it and finish.
My two goals for this month that do not involve sewing (ok maybe a little sewing...one word: curtain's is all I'm going to say)
1) Finish the living room
  • One wall is painted (hey you try painting a living room with a 2yr old and 9 month old who want to touch everything) so paint two more walls and either make, acquire or buy some chocolate brown curtains.
2) Organize (I know what a dirty word) the kitchen
  • Things are piling up in the kitchen time to organize put away/throw away all this clutter.
Sew what are your resolutions?  

No comments:

Post a Comment