Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Here's what I've been trying to accomplish by friday so I can submit it to Project Run and Play. If anyone watches Project Runway this is the kids version and I always find the blog after it's started. I need to get better at blog stalking.

This weeks project is Through the Decades, I chose 1950's as I love the womens styles dresses and how classy the women always looked even if they were just at home baking cookies.


I chose this pattern. My Grandma Funk had originaly recived it in the mail Jan 11, 1955 and it was a 2 cent stamp on the envelope. She had written on the envelope Judy's Baby Dress (who is my dad's sister).

I started tracing out the original pattern and then cut the fabric out and started following instructions which were fairly clear to follow. I had my assistant B over seeing.

and after a few fittings, which always go so well.
Why mom why?

I finally finished LB looks like she stepped out of the 50's
Tea anyone?

I had so much fun making this for project run and play, can't wait to start the next one.






No comments:

Post a Comment