Monday, October 8, 2012

50th Anniversary

Not many people get to celebrate 50 yrs, but our Village did and what a wonderful weekend we had.


It being Thanksgiving weekend my parents came to celebrate with us. Friday night started off with a Welcome Reception, where a local Harpest played vendors had tables (I was one) and beverages were available (I may of had one of those too).

See my first display of clothes






There were also celebrations held at the Golden Years Senior's Lodge and later the Band Lovely Bones played at the curling rink for those that wanted to dance. Unfortunatly after working all day and then setting up as a vendor 8 o'clock came and I was ready for bed.
 
 
Saturday started with a Pancake Breakfast hosted by the Legion, and at 10 o'clock my parents went on a hike at Mile 53, which was at one time a busy little railway town. I took the kids to the Magician Clinton Gray who was very entertaining, and entertained everyone young and old in the audience.
 
There were many other activities we couldn't take in but wished we could have: Avalanche awareness by Iliya Storm, Prospecting for Gold with Joe Gagnon we also missed.
 
I did manage to get the kids from the magic show to the Big Foot Poker Walk. We followed our map around town on the newly completed Big Foot Trail going from business to business collecting cards for our Poker hand. We ended at the Visitor Information Centre where we turned our hands in and the kids got free cotton candy.
 
We then raced home to quickly cook dinner and get back over to the Legion where Duane Steele played for us. I love it when Country Stars come and play at our small local venues it's so much more personal. Not many other places do you get to chat with Country music stars face to face and you don't stand in line for hrs for a signed CD.
After the concert I took the parents back to my place, dropped them off and went to pick up the girls who a friend was watching for me. Then off to bed we went, but most everyone else from our Village headed off to the airport for a concert put on by the Famous Players Band. What a night I was told, where else could you dance on the tarmac, there was free camping and shuttling back to town so there was no drinking and driving.
 
Sunday started off early with my parents heading on a Helicopter Flight. Yellowhead Helicoptors offered flights this weekend only $50 a person to fly over the proposed Glacier Resort.
 
 
My parents had a beautiful flight..
I headed back to the Information Centre to be ready for the Anniversary Celebration where the Mayor gave a speech, Duane Steele sang and cake was served to everyone.
 
 
The Harvest Dinner was served from 4-6pm and then Drive In Movies began the first one as for the kids Chronicles of Narnia and then Grease showed from 9-11. Where else could you catch a Drive In Show!
 

Happy 50th Anniversary Valemount
 
Here's to 50 more!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment