Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First Post


I hope everyone is patient with me as this is my first attempt at blogging. My goal in starting this blog is to share my creative adventures as well as my children’s adventures with me and their creations. While home on Maternity Leave I began searching out other creative people on the web and I recently started following Katy from No Big Dill http://thedillspiel.blogspot.com/ and was inspired by her Once Upon a Thread to create something from your children’s story book. The book I chose was Suki's Kimono by Chieri Uegaki. I had been looking for an excuse to try and make a kimono looking dress for LB. I do have to say that my attempted creation actually turned out pretty darn well. (pat on my own back) I then had to make a matching one for B who of course has no say in what I stick on her. I used a few ideas from patterns I'd seen online and since I'm new at this did not take pictures to create a tutorial, maybe once the charger for the camera arrives (I being a busy mom as I am forgot it at my parents home while visiting them in October.) I will recreate the skirt and create a tutorial as well.  December will be a world of firsts for me. First Blog, First of sharing my creations somewhere besides friends on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment